Monty Lit Fest 2023 takes place this weekend, 9th-11th June, in the fabulous town of Montgomery.
There are still a few more days to plan your perfect literary weekend – but hurry; tickets are selling fast. Take a look at our programme here.
So, what will you choose?
- Will you snap up one of few remaining tickets to meet Welsh rugby legend, Nigel Owens?
- Will you want to hear from top fiction authors Clare Mackintosh, Lissa Evans, Annie Garthwaite and Alis Hawkins?
- Or join Frieda Hughes or Mike Parker as they tell us about their new books?
- Might you want to debate the future of farming and rural communities with Anna Jones, Rebecca Smith and David Elias; re-think what we know about our Neanderthal ancestors with Rebecca Wragg Sykes, or find out all about the Irish Sea with Jon Gower.
- Are you an aspiring writer keen to attend this year’s writers’ workshop?
- How about exploring the history of a Marches house with Gavin Plumley; meeting Ed Brooke-Hitching, author of The Phantom Atlas, or hearing about Jasmine Donahaye’s unique take on nature writing in Birdsplaining?
- Writing in Welsh your thing? Mae’r ‘X-Files’ yn dod i Ddolgellau yn nofel ddiweddaraf Siân Llywelyn.
- Or perhaps you’ll just want to enjoy a pint with “the beer drinkers’ Bill Bryson”, Pete Brown; kick back at our Late Lounge or exercise your grey cells at our Big Quiz Night.
And while you’re with us, make sure your enjoy all of the delights Montgomery has to offer on what promises to be a very special weekend indeed.
Welcome to Monty Lit Fest 2023.