1.Which famous wizard’s birthplace is the HQ of Dyfed Powys Police?
Merlin, aka Myrddin
2. Dyfed Powys Police have had extra work due to COVID 19, including stopping tourists from visiting Wales’s highest waterfall. Where is that?
Pistyll Rheadr, in Llanrhaedr ym Mochnant
3. Which brand of cereal is said to derive its logo from the suggestion made by a famous Montgomeryshire harpist?
4. Which local saint could be described as the St. Francis of Mid Wales?
5. Where did Queen Victoria’s knickers come from? There’s a bonus for the best related suggestion as to why she wasn’t amused.
Pryce Jones’s in Newtown. They would have itched like heck.
6. Dafydd ap Gwilym, the greatest Welsh poet of the Middle Ages, famously asked his squire to pop up to a locally convent to fetch him a novice, any novice, because they were all hot bordering on the smoking. Which convent?
7. Which local folk legends have a name which means plait in Welsh?
8. The local Polish community feature in the book- which town nearby had a Polish hospital for 56 years, closing in 2002?
9. Where is the largest sheep market in Europe?
10. Which mythological inhabitant of Llanfair Caereinion had three drops of the brew of inspiration on his thumb & grew up to become a famous poet? (He shares his name with a character in the book) Bonus point for the name he was given as a poet.
Gwion, who grew up into Taliesin